Drinking and Driving Law and Consequences O’Fallon IL
The drinking and driving law is serious and it should be noted that operating a vehicle and drinking an alcoholic beverage at the same time is never acceptable. This law can go as far as saying that not even the passenger of your vehicle can drink as you are not allowed to have any possession of an open container of alcohol in your vehicle.
A huge reason that we have this law in place is that many people believe having an open container of alcohol can lead to bigger issues and behavior resulting in crime. The Open Container Laws are put in place to help protect the public and keep the roads safe. We want to be able to avoid as many injuries as possible.
Every state has different ways they enforce these drinking and driving laws. In Illinois, there are multiple reasons that you can be convicted of a DUI. Below, you can read more on the different ways that our law enforcement is capable of giving you a charge.
In the state of Illinois you can be convicted of a DUI for the following reasons:
- Driving with a BAC of .08% or more
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Driving under the influence of any drugs
- If there’s any amount of controlled substance in the person’s blood, urine, or other bodily fluids
- If there’s five nanograms or more of THC in the blood or ten nanograms in another bodily substance within two hours of driving.
Drinking and driving is a serious topic and should not be overlooked. If you happen to be caught in a DUI contact our O’Fallon, IL Don Cary Collins Law Offices for trusted attorneys. We will help you fight for your rights and attempt to come to a final verdict. Contact our office today to speak with a member of our staff.